Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. T. Michael Moseley has identified a possible new mission for the BRAC-affected Cannon AFB, N.M., according to the Portales (N.M.) News-Tribune. A spokesman for Sen. Pete Domenici’s (R) told the Portales newspaper that a letter from Moseley did not specify a mission but said one had been identified—an Air Force mission. The offices of Domenici and Sen. Jeff Bingaman (D) issued a joint statement calling Moseley’s assurances “extremely significant.” UPDATE: This information turned out to be untrue. The letter Senator Domenici referred to was a draft. Read the rest of the story here.
Boeing received a $2.47 billion Air Force contract Nov. 25 for 15 more KC-46s, bringing to 183 the number of Pegasus tankers on contract to all customers, foreign and domestic. The new contract—for Lot 12 of the initially planned KC-46 buy—is to be completed by 2029.



