Aug. 9, 2013—The Air Force has selected its top enlisted members, naming its 12 Outstanding Airmen of the Year for 2013.
• SMSgt. Ernesto J. Rendon, Air Mobility Command;
• MSgt. Andre S. Davis, Air National Guard;
• MSgt. Tessa M. Fontaine, Air Force Space Command;
• MSgt. Shawn J. Jones, Air Force Reserve Command;
• MSgt. Celeste C. Okokon, Air Combat Command;
• TSgt. Adam L. Gomez, Air Force District of Washington;
• MSgt. Jason D. Payne, Air Force Special Operations Command (updated to reflect recent promotion);
• SSgt. Joshua L. Hanna, Pacific Air Forces:
• SSgt. Joseph C. Senteno, Air Force Global Strike Command;
• SrA. Casey L. Anderson, Air Education and Training Command;
• SSgt. Lauren A. Everett, US Air Forces in Europe-Air Forces Africa (updated to reflect recent promotion); and
• SrA. Steven C. Hedgepeth, Air Force Materiel Command.
An Air Force selection board chose these airmen based on their superior leadership, job performance, community involvement, and personal achievements.
“The Air Force Association is very proud to honor the commitment of these exemplary airmen,” said George Muellner, AFA Board Chairman, in the association’s Aug. 8 release. “We salute them for their professional achievements and dedication and thank them for their continued service to our country.”
Craig McKinley, AFA President. said: “Each year, we join the Air Force in recognizing the achievements of select distinguished airmen. Their commitment to their jobs reflects the high standards that exist within the United States Air Force, and we look forward to seeing what else they accomplish throughout their careers.”
AFA will honor these 12 airmen during its Air & Space Conference in September in National Harbor, Md.