The Clovis (N.M.) News Journal reports that the plan to give ownership of Cannon AFB, N.M., to Air Force Special Operations Command on Oct. 1 is “moving along without issues.” AFSOC spokesman Matt Durham told the newspaper, “We certainly haven’t seen any showstoppers.” Sen. Pete Domenici (D-N.M.) last month expressed some concern when the Senate Armed Services Committee markup of the 2008 defense bill did not include extra funding for Cannon, however defense officials believe the Air Force has sufficient money to make the switch from Air Combat Command to AFSOC this fall.
Details Murky as ARRW Falls Short in Second Test
March 24, 2023
The second all-up flight of the AGM-183A Air-Launched Rapid Response Weapon on March 13 fell short of a fully successful test, but the Air Force isn’t saying what went wrong with the Lockheed Martin-built hypersonic missile. The defense giant's Missiles and Fire Control division recently said the ARRW is "ready…