Air Force Secretary Michael Wynne told airmen at Incirlik AB, Turkey on a visit there last week that the idea behind the Air Force’s upcoming personnel cuts is not to work the remaining personnel harder but smarter. Talking specifically about the 200-slot cut at Incirlik, Wynne said: “It is not that you used to work a 40-hour week and now you work a 55-hour week. … We want to cut the 200 slots and now you’re working a 39-hour week with one hour to plan for the future.”
Boeing received a $2.47 billion Air Force contract Nov. 25 for 15 more KC-46s, bringing to 183 the number of Pegasus tankers on contract to all customers, foreign and domestic. The new contract—for Lot 12 of the initially planned KC-46 buy—is to be completed by 2029.



