Maj. Gen. Mark Solo, 19th Air Force commander, relieved Col. David Hlatky of command of the 33rd Fighter Wing at Eglin AFB, Fla., on Thursday, Air Education and Training Command officials announced. They said Solo “lost confidence” in Hlatky’s ability to command as a result of a command-directed investigation following allegations of personal misconduct. Due to the nature of the investigation, they said they could not provide additional information on the matter. Hlatky will temporarily remain at Eglin, pending reassignment. Meanwhile, Col. Andrew Toth has assumed command of the wing. He previously served as the executive officer to the head of Air Combat Command at Langley AFB, Va. Hlatky took charge of the 33rd FW in October 2009 when the unit switched from flying combat-coded F-15s to training F-35 pilots and maintainers. (Randolph release)
Boeing received a $2.47 billion Air Force contract Nov. 25 for 15 more KC-46s, bringing to 183 the number of Pegasus tankers on contract to all customers, foreign and domestic. The new contract—for Lot 12 of the initially planned KC-46 buy—is to be completed by 2029.



