Sue Payton, the Air Force’s top acquisition official, says the Air Force may have a “new plan” that would save the Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile, according to Rebecca Christie of Dow Jones Newswires (article via CNNMoney.com). JASSM faces the chopping block after recent test failures. In fact, Payton told Pentagon reporters last month that problems with navigation system reliability were leading the service to seek other options. Payton told Christie that the Air Force is working with JASSM-maker Lockheed Martin to develop a “proactive, preventive plan where things aren’t going to break as much as they have.”
Boeing received a $2.47 billion Air Force contract Nov. 25 for 15 more KC-46s, bringing to 183 the number of Pegasus tankers on contract to all customers, foreign and domestic. The new contract—for Lot 12 of the initially planned KC-46 buy—is to be completed by 2029.



