The Air Force asked the Air National Guard to cut “approximately 14,000” people from its 107,000 force, according to CMSgt. Richard Smith, ANG’s top enlisted man. Instead, as Guard leaders already have said, Smith told attendees at the Airlift/Tanker Association convention in Orlando, Fla., Oct. 31, that ANG decided to cut things rather than people. The monetary impact facing ANG is “close to $1.8 billion,” acknowledged Smith.
Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth's attempt to punish Sen. Mark Kelly (D-Ariz.) over a video in which the Senator and retired Navy captain advised military members they have a duty to disregard unlawful orders ran into a federal court injunction earlier this month. The case, which could still be appealed, has…



