On Board?:

Meanwhile, the Air Force says it has support of National Guard Bureau Chief Army Lt. Gen. Steven Blum, Air National Guard Chief Lt. Gen. Craig McKinley, and Air Force Reserve Chief Lt. Gen. John Bradley for upcoming initiatives in its Total Force Integration program. In a Tuesday release, USAF stated that the next TFI phase “includes nearly 140 missions and represents a compilation of all previous TFI phases and efforts.” It said it already has funding for 90 of the 140 and expects to receive money for the remainder, some 45 percent of which revolve around “associations between active duty, Guard, and/or Reserve forces.” The other 55 percent represents “new, emerging, or stand-alone missions.” The Air Force plans to release specifics at the local level “as appropriate” in the weeks and months to come. Want to bet Congress gets an early peek